Thursday, April 10, 2008

It's Thursday

I had no idea it had been so long since I had blogged. Shame on me. There has been a lot going on. We had a great visit with Jen and her family. Rachael wants her cousins to live closer to her again.

This weekend was General Conference. I watched all of it, but I have to admit that I didn't listen to all of the talks. I listened to some of them. We have it on our DVR though and I am going to go through the talks one by one. I did watch the Solemn Assembly though. When they first asked the first presidency to stand and sustain the prophet, it was so amazing. I could just feel the swelling in my heart and I knew that he was called of God. It was amazing to watch the solemn assembly.

My mother in law has been ill for quite a while with cancer. The cancer has recently gone to her brain and we have been told she is terminal. She is seeing the radiation oncologist now and he said he can completely get rid of her tumors with radiation. I really hope he is right. I am afraid to get my hopes up. We will find out in 3 weeks if she is responding to the treatments.

I saw my doctor this week for my 3rd sinus infection in 10 weeks. This is getting really old. I am going to see the ENT at the end of the month. I hope he has an easy fix for this.

I got a call from the Hanger Brace today. They are the ones that made my AFO. There is a new device called a Walk-aid. You wear it on your calf in place of the AFO and it stimulates your nerve to life your foot when you walk. I am going to meet with them the end of the month to see if it will work for me. I would love to get rid of this AFO. I hate it.

No comments: