Thursday, October 30, 2008

Busy month

This month has absolutely flown by. We have been so busy this month. The kids are so ready for Halloween. We finally have all of their costume stuff done. Now the only thing left to do for costumes is to get the pants for Stan's and I need to finish up his antler. His office is doing a theme this year for the costume contest at work. They are doing characters from "How the Grinch Stole Christmas". Stan was assigned to be Max the dog. He told me about it and said to keep my eyes peeled for a dog costume. I never saw one and asked him a few times what he had in mind for this costume. He procrastinated getting what he needed, so I have been running around trying to get his entire costume this week. He even had a 4 day weekend this past weekend and didn't do a single thing to get his costume ready. I have the antler almost finished and I need to make the ears. I found a brown sweatshirt on Wednesday, but no brown sweatpants. We need to hit the other Walmart tonight and see if we can find the sweatpants. After I take Rachael to dance, then I will finish up his antler and ears. He saw the ears he wanted last week but didn't pick them up.

Rachael is taking lessons from him this year. She has been telling me for months that she was going to be a pirate for Halloween. She decides a few weeks ago that she didn't want to be a pirate, but could not decide what she wanted to be. On Saturday night, she decided she was going to be Morticia Adams. We went to several stores trying to find the right dress. Her dress doesn't really look like Morticia's dress, but it will have to do. The dress we got is an adult witch dress, so it has some silver lacing on the bodice, and it is a full skirt rather than the form fitting skirts Morticia usually wears. We bought a long, black wig. She made me buy lice killing spray so she is sure she won't get lice from the wig. I think she is going to look great.

Andrew is going to be a ninja and Jeremy is going to be Indiana Jones. I had both of their costumes done by last Thursday. I am going to go to the church Trunk-or-treating as the Grinch so that Stan and I match. I bought a green sweatsuit, green face paint and green spray for my hair. I am going to buy green nail polish tonight just for added effect. I can't figure out what I am going to do about my feet though. I don't have any kind of green shoes and it is hard to find something that fits over my braces. I'll figure something out though. I'll post pictures after our Halloween activity tomorrow night.