Sunday, October 12, 2008

Wonderful weekend

This weekend, we had a stake conference. We have a new Stake President as of this morning. President Palmer and his counselors, President Kent and President Williams, were released. I will miss having them as our stake presidency. I will especially miss having President Kent visit our ward. I'm sure our new stake presidency will be wonderful. Our new stake president is President Spears. I don't really know him although I have met him once. I spent a week at girl's camp with his wife last year. She is an amazing woman. Any man married to her is most likely just as amazing. His counselors are President Rawlinson for the first counselor and President Trejo for his second counselor. I don't know either of these men, but I do know Sis Trejo just a little bit, again from girl's camp. I'm excited to get to know these men through their talks and presence in our stake.

We heard some wonderful talks this weekend. We had a visiting member of the First Quorum of the 70, Elder Hamula. We also had an area 70 here, Elder Villareal. They spoke at both the adult session and the session today. One of the things they talked about was the importance of unity. They also talked about going to the temple more. That is something Stan and I have been wanting to do anyway. We keep saying we want to go more, but then our schedule gets busy. We need to make a point to make our appointment and set our scheduled date to go to the temple early so nothing gets in the way. We have a very full schedule for the rest of the month already, so we won't be going in October, but I want to go in November. It would be wonderful to some day get a temple in Austin, but that won't happen until we keep the San Antonio temple so busy that they need to put another temple in the area. That isn't going to happen if we aren't doing our part. The Savior will come again and soon. It may not be soon to me, but it will be soon to our Heavenly Father. Our life is but a binking of his eyes. There is so much work still yet to be done in the temple. If we don't get this work done, then everything will be wasted. I can't assume that other people will do it. I need to do my part. I need to do as much work as I can. My goal is to go to the temple every 2 months. Since we are going to go to the temple in November, then I guess we are going to go in the odd months.

If you are a member of the church and you are reading this blog, I challenge you to go to the temple as often as you can. If you are not a member of the church, then I challenge you to learn as much as you can about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Patricia...thanks for the update. We wouldn't have known about the new Stake Presidency. It is hard to believe that Pres. Palmer was released. They have been there so long. The stake is so wonderful I am sure the new presidency will do a great job!

Charly said...

Oh I am so sad that Presidents Palmer, Kent and Williams were released! They were my stake presidency for many, many years! A couple of months ago they changed the stake boundaries which knocked my parents out so we didn't know about the change. I know Pres. Trejo but that's it. I'm sure they're all just great though...I would think you have to be something amazing to follow that trio!

Corrine said...

what a happy time for the presidency, they have been in there for a long time. I feel for pres. williams though, just losing his wife and being released will give him a lot of alone time.

i need to hit the temple, we went a few weeks ago but they are closing the laie temple for a year or so...

Forever A Mom said...

I love the wisdom you share with others, you are just amazing. The people here, in Arizona, take don't take advantage of the temple being so close to us. I have learned that since we lived in Austin. Thank you for your strength and thoughts ~ we all need to encourage each other to do those things that brings us closer to the Lord, our Savior, and the Holy Ghost. By the way, I have known Pres. Hamula for so many years ~ I babysat their kids for several years. He is a great man, I am glad you got to hear from him. He was our Stake Pres when I was about 16. Take care and I'll chat with you soon!