Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Approved for rehab

I finally got approved for rehab yesterday.  So now that we have insurance on board, the rehab hospital didn't have any beds.  I was so frustrated.  When you are inpatient in the regular hospital, you get 30 minutes of PT every other day.  When I'm in the ICU, that is about all I can tolerate.  Now that I am on  the floor, I need so much more.  When I get to rehab, I'll get 3 hours a day, more if I go to the pool.  I need all of that if I am going to get back to walking.  They told me they should have a bed for me this morning.

I am doing better staying on my diet this time.  It is impossible to stay 100% on a ketogenic diet in the hospital.  I can't get the hospital to send me enough vegetables, and the proper vegetables to meet that requirement.  Plus, so much of their menu is centered about pasta and bread.  I'm trying not to have bread type products more than once a day.  I will be excited if I can maintain through this hospitalization.  When I get home, I am hoping that I have not gained any weight, then I can get back on track.  I had 8 pounds to lose when I entered the hospital last week and I am determined not to let this hospitalization set me back too far.  My goal was to start transitioning into maintenance after January 1st and I still want to do that if at all possible. Being so close to maintenance, this will actually give me a good chance to test the waters.  I'm much more ready for the challenge of that than I was during the summer.  I just stress ate a lot during my summer hospitalization and ended up gaining weight.  Of coarse the fact that I haven't gotten out of bed in 9 days doesn't help my weight at all.

No comments: