Sunday, May 20, 2018

Neglected

I promised myself  I was not going to neglect this blog once my medical crisis was over.  I need to make sure I keep up with it.  I need to come up with a writing schedule of some sort.  I'm still trying to get my life back to normal after 5 weeks in the hospital.   It takes a while.  I'm finally feeling more like my normal self; I have more normal energy levels, at least for me.  I have chronic fatigue so normal energy is relative.  The home PT/OT discharges me last Friday so I will start out patient PT on Tuesday.   This means my schedule is going to get a bit busier since I have to fit PT in twice a week.  While working with home PT, I have started walking a little bit again.  I can walk with a quad cane or walker around our kitchen table up to 3 times on a good day.  After that, my right leg, which is my weaker leg, gets very shakey.  Still this is huge considering 1 month ago I couldn't move my legs at all and could just barely move my feet a little.  Still no answers on what is wrong with me or if it will happen again.  I think not knowing if it will happen again is the thing that scares me the most .

I've been trying to clear off my unfinished project shelf in my sewing room.  I have quilts and other half finished projects that I started several years ago but never finished.  Usually someone needed me to sew something urgently so my bigger project got shelved then never picked back up.  The first UFO project I'm starting on is a quilt for Jeremy that is a TARDIS  from Dr. Who.  I've been working on it pretty regularly for the last 2 weeks when time and energy allow and I am almost done.  Weakness in my arms no longer allows me to quilt large projects any longer so I pay someone else to do the actual quilting.  I am hoping it will go to the quilters before the end of the month.  I'll post pictures when it is complete.

Lastly,  I am back on track with losing weight.  I've lost 7 pounds since being out of the hospital.   I am getting really close to my goal weight.  It's less than 30 pounds away now.  I'll know exactly how much tomorrow since I use my weigh in at the office as my official weight.   I feel so much better since losing weight.  I look back at my before pictures and can't even believe I was that heavy.  I never want to be that big again.

No comments: