Sunday, July 12, 2009

Random thoughts

This past month has kind of gotten away from me. There just hasn't been much to say on here. Nothing exciting has happened in our life. We seem to just be going from day to day doing basically the same things. We have been spending a lot of time in the pool lately. It is just too hot to do anything else, especially anything outside. We have had something like 25 days of 100+ degree weather since school got out. Hot is an understatement. I am so glad that we can go to MeeMaws house and use the pool. I'm not fond of public pools since I am usually the biggest person there. I get very self conscious at public pools. It has been a little better since losing some weight, but I still have some weight to lose, so I am still self conscious. I'll stick with the private pool, thank you. The pools has also been a great source of exercise. I have taken a few water aerobics classes in the past, so I am tried out a few of those moves inn the pool.. It seems to be working out pretty well.

Last October, I had the chance to go to Time Out for Women with my daughter and my SIL, Michelle. It was a great opportunity and I really enjoyed it. I wanted to go this year again, but they were in Houston in March while we were in Pennsylvania. I was bummed, but figured I would just go next year. They have come out with a great new way to enjoy TOFW. You can now do TOWF Webnars. That is another term for seminars on the web. You can go to http://www.timeoutseminars.com/index.php?p_resource=faq and try out one for free. The seminars, called "semesters", are 3 classes over a 3 month period. Each class has 4 parts and are posted once a week. The freebie is only one part of one class, but it was really good. I am going to sign up for a semester this week. The freebie was done by Sherri Dew, president of Deseret books. It is about having influence on others in your life. It was really an answer to my prayers. Since I haven't been working, I really wonder sometimes if I am making a difference by being here on earth. As a nurse, I could clearly see where I was making a difference. I have loved being a stay at home mom, but it isn't as easy to see how you make a difference in the lives of others. I know I make a difference to my children, and I know deep down that this is where it is most important for me to make a difference. I don't have to be so concerned about my health anymore, so I have finally noticed that I do miss working just a little bit. Don't get me wrong, I don't miss it enough to go back. I love being home with my kids. I think I am just going through a little transitional period. I am trying to find more hobbies and things to do with my time. I have things I want to get done around the house. I need to purge so much junk from my house. It is a cluttered mess most of the time. There are so many toys the boys don't touch any more. I'm slowly getting rid of all of those. If they don't pull them out of the box and pile, they just need to go away because they don't play with them. They don't even miss them.

That is about all I have to say. I can't promise when I will post again. I have to figure out what to post about. I don't really care to just ramble on here, which is what I just did. I'm going to wrap this up and go watch Jeff Dunham, Spark of Insanity with the rest of my family. We are big Jefaafaa Dun-ham fans. Achmed is one of our favorites. We can't say "silence" in this house without someone saying "I kill you". At least it does stop the fighting and usually results in several more Jeff Dunham lines from various members of the family.

No comments: