Saturday, March 22, 2008

Fly Lady and an Easter Egg hunt

I know, a strange combination. A friend of mine introduced me to Flylady. I need to declutter my house so badly. Suzanne gave a challenge to declutter one item per day. It is an individual thing and so you chose how much you want to do, but it needs to be at least one item each and every day. Even on those days when my MS has me exhausted, I can manage one thing. It may be just throwing away something on my desk or in my room. I can do this. I am publicly announcing my intentions here. I started today. I cleaned off my kitchen table. We can't eat at it as a family as it isn't big enough. I do want to use to more though even if we can't eat at it. My table is cleaned off and functional. If you want to take part in this challenge, Suzanne set up a blog here.

Yesterday, the boys had their pictures taken with the Easter Bunny. Andrew didn't want to, but I wouldn't let him have the candy if he didn't. Rachael wasn't with us as she had spent the night with Megan. She wouldn't have gone for it anyway. She won't even take a picture with Santa, even if she doesn't have to sit on his lap. Before you know it, I will only have one child that will take pictures with "holiday characters". I'll take advantage of still being able to bribe Andrew. After we went to Walmart, we went to the park. It was such a beautiful day yesterday and again today. It was nice to sit outside and enjoy the day. It feels good to feel good again. It has been a while since I have felt good.
We had a family Easter egg hunt today. Bryon and Margie came over with their kids and Emily came down with her 2 kids. It was so much fun. Jacob and Grace were so fun to watch. This was Grace's first year for hunting eggs. Jacob was excited about getting eggs too. Here are a few pictures I took. I tried not to take up too much room so I made a collage to show a few of them. I will be doing scrapbooking pages with them later in the week.


Here is a picture I took of Grace before the egg hunt started. She looked so cute in her hat and glasses. I can't believe she leaves them on. My kids never left their hats and glasses on. I would have been happy if they had left a hat on. She loved the trampoline as long as no other kids were on their with her.
I hope you all have a great Easter.

1 comment:

Corrine said...

oh but andrew looks so cute with the bunny :)

hey and if you ever want me to come over and help with some of your fly lady stuff, I'd be more than happy too. getting the house ready to sell was a lot of work but it sure feels good to have so much stuff gone and cleaned out...anyway I'd love to come over sometime and maybe the kids could play and we could just hang out...