Friday, March 21, 2008

Why am I awake?

It is 3:20 am and I am awake. I have no idea why I can't sleep. I have been tired half of the day. It seems I only sleep well every few nights.

We had such a good day today. We were suppose to take Grandma's surger and swap it out for her. Michael ended up having to go up north anyway, so he drove her van and they went together. I had to get some scout stuff for Andrew, so we went to the Scout Shack. I talked with the kids all the way up there. We looked at all kinds of stuff in the shack (that isn't it's official name, but the scout store has been called that for a long time). I had to buy Andrew his Webelos colors. I also bought Jeremy his own Polar Bear patch. I thought he deserved something for sleeping in a tent in 25 degree weather with a burn ban in effect.

After we finished there, we had to go to Michael's (the craft store, not my BIL). Rachael wanted to buy more painting canvas. She got some for Christmas from Grandma and really enjoyed painting on canvas. She used her babysitting money to get more. She wants to do more modern art paintings. Her favorite artist right now is Jackson Pollock. Here is a part of one of Rachael's paintings. I got a little too close. I need to put it in a better place and take a better picture of it.



Next door at Petco, they had the puppies out front. We HAD to go look at them before we went into Michael's. Rachael wanted to get this really cute small tan and white dog. When I told her we didn't need another dog, she said we should call Grandma so they could get it for Grams. I didn't think that was a good idea since they are dog sitting Baily right now. We went into Petco and looked at the fish and reptiles. We ended up at the small animals. This is my kids favorite part. Rachael wants to save up her money for a ferret. I'm not sure that is a good idea. We have 2 dogs and 3 cats. I could see a ferret becoming dinner. She also said she wanted to get a mouse. We tried hampsters. They didn't last long an I'm not sure about doing a mouse. We don't even have a place to put it. She definitely can't put it in her room. There is just no space. We have to make sure the poor thing is safe from the cats. They would love to get a hold of a little mouse.

We got home a little after 4pm. I was pooped. I was suppose to make pizza for dinner, but I didn't have the energy. I couldn't have gotten it ready before Rachael had to be at dance anyway. We ordered pizza for dinner though.

Rachael went to dance, then she went to spend the night with Megan. They boys played outside for a while, then they watched a movie. They didn't even fight about who got to pick it. Stan and I went out into the garage and watched "Next" with Nicholas Cage. It was really good. We blocked out the windows and closed the door and watched the movie in the dark. The boys only interrupted the movie a few times and always with important things. Not once did they fight all night. It was so nice.

I hope I can get to sleep soon so I can have another good day tomorrow.

No comments: