Thursday, April 5, 2018

Progress Report

I'm not going to report on the things I did today because frankly, it's the same things every day as far as therapy goes.  I will tell you about the great progress that I has become most apparent today.  When Dr. Latorre came in to adjust my pump more today, he assessed movement, strength and spasticity/tone.  Still no spasticity or tone, which is still so strange but I could more my right foot at the ankle rather than just the toes and my left one actually moved some at the ankle.

In the therapy gym. I stood quite a long time with support.  I was able to take a few very small steps with assistance.  I think if my foot didn't drag so much on the ground I might be able to take bigger steps.

In the pool, I walked about 20 feet although the PT had to scoot the  rt foot along.  I can do a lot more exercises in the pool and have more movement.

I also worked with the speech therapist today on strategies for when I forget words or when I replace words with wrong words.  Many of them were things I am already doing.  We also discussed memory strategies.  I used to have a sharp memory.  Now it's as dull as a ball.  I do all the things she suggested there too.  Use a calendar, use a check list, keep notes in a smart phone or notebook. Set alarms for things.  These are all things I do on a daily basis so I don't forget appointments, things I have to do, projects I want to do, grocery items, medications, etc.  I'm glad I'm an organized person or I could never keep it all  straight.

Sleeping pill is kicking in again so I am off to the land of ZZZzzzzz.

No comments: