Sunday, April 1, 2018

Easter in Rehab

(Stan and I out on the patio by the cafeteria.  I think I look a lot thinner than my photo taken at 189#.  I haven't been able to weigh in over 2 weeks.  What do you think of my "bling" around my wrist, aren't we stylish couple)
Today is Easter.  Today is also General Conference for those of us that belong to the Mormon religion so there was no church today, which I'm sure seems strange to all of  you Catholics and Baptists because Easter is an important reason to go to church.  General conference is a wonderful time though.  We get to here our prophet speak to us.  This time we even have a new prophet,  Russel M. Nelson.  In addition to being a prophet of God, he created and invented the 1st heart-lung bypass machine  to make open heart surgery successful.  He is famous world wide for his work as a cardiac surgeon.  As many lives as he has saved with his amazing surgeries, he will save even more in his current capacity as prophet, seer and revelator for the  world, not just our church.  I'm looking forward to going back and listening to these talks.

Stan and the boys came  up today to celebrate Easter.  We played games for a few hours and just relaxed.   I didn't have therapy today.  You only get it one day on the weekends got therapy.  I did practice going to the bathroom a several times and figuring out how to get my pants and underwear off.  That part is exhausting.  I need to talk with Dr. Northway, my urologist and have him help me figure a few things out.  I'm falling asleep.  I'm going to try to write earlier tomorrow.
Betrayal at Baulder's Gate.  We just stated so not much of a game play area.

No comments: